Sunday, December 11, 2011

Love at first sight

I never used to believe in love at first sight. I still don’t. But it simply happened when I saw her the first time. Her high forehead, the sharply defined chin, pale skin, long dark hair, high delicate eyebrows, strong nose, narrow mouth and full lips delimitated the logic and reasoning. The love that time was unburdened by the complexities of expectations or the plans for the future. It was a free spirited love tied to the smile on her face, controlled by her presence in the room and dominated by the words coming out of her lips. It’s impossible to separate lust from love. In that case lust was not defined by the desires of the body but by her gentle touch when we shook hands, touch of her body when she was at the backseat of my bike, smell of her hair while sitting beside each other. It was the time when the day was successful with a single glance of her, the joke was funny with a simple smile from her and every action was justified if it gets a nod by her. That feeling never leaves you. That feeling never comes back. That love never happens again.

11 comments:

Ashwin Wilson said...

Get her to read this, and it just might happen again!

Abhishek said...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NzlGZDzdsPg

mahek said...

liked it. very nyc ! :)

Pratik Gupta said...

@Ashwin: I wish...but Damn the marriages :)

Pratik Gupta said...

@abhishek: Awesome stuff mayte !!

Pratik Gupta said...

@Mahek: Thanks a lot for liking and for your first comment !! :)

The Flower Of English Grammar said...

so you are once again after someone... details in bangalore please!!! :)

Pratik Gupta said...

@Flower: Bastard! "That feeling never comes back. That love never happens again." angrezi nahin samajhta tu

Meety said...

Soo true... and such moments stay fresh forever...

The Flower Of English Grammar said...

Okay!!! so it is about me... :P THANKS!! mmmwwaaahhhhh

Auspicious said...

I never used to believe in love at last sight. But it simply happened when I saw him the last time. His broad forehead, fair skin, recently trimmed dark brown hair, grey eyes, fierce eyebrows, pale pink lips and a shy smile, accompanied by stolen glances at me. The love that time was burdened with the pain caused by my departure, when the embryonic relationship that could have embraced us, was tattering away, spilling away, by my absence. It was silent love, tied to secret stares, lost gazes. Both of us, lost in the rich timbre of each other voices rather than the substance of our words. It is possible to separate lust from love when you feel pain and not pride,urge or intimacy. In that cause, the love was defined by him unconsciously raising his hand to touch mine, as I was trying to shield away from the sun's rays. He wished it could have rained that September. It did not. He looked at me, as we travelled in the auto, sitting next to each other, deep inside in my eyes. As if, trying to excavate something that I hid. I did hide. I still do. That day was successful even if it came at the cost of delaying my international flight to see him cross through his another birthday and yet not have the courage to tell the reason behind this act. It was not selfless. An entirely selfish reason, the reason was my liberation. That smile never leaves my memory. That separation still haunts. That feeling never comes up, no matter, how much globetrotting you do, or how many guys come and hold your hand. That feeling never comes back. That love never happens again.

P.S: Sorry for a long comment. But I wanted to tell you how 'Love at Last sight'.

-Auspicious

-Auspicious