Friday, July 3, 2009

Tagged

Its 2:00 am and I just realized that I have been tagged by tangerine. I am tagged second time and I am feeling excited but the idea I got from other bloggers who got tagged is that it’s just the initial excitement only.

Anyways I should follow the trend until I am enjoying it.

Here goes the rule.
Don't take too long to think about it. Fifteen books you've read that will always stick with you. First fifteen you can recall in no more than 15 minutes. Tag up to 15 friends, including me because I'm interested in seeing what books my friends choose

Its really tough when you are not much of a reading buff and all when all you can think about is crashing or the ‘doga + nagraj’ comics you just finished. [;)].

But the task needs to be finished so here I go.

1. The stories of Sherlock Holmes - Arthur C Doyle.:
I started reading novels in my life after I read ‘Speckled band’ (am I right with name, somebody confirm please) in my ninth grade. Later by the end of my tenth grade I finished the most of the Sherlock holmes collections and yes, I deserved more than 84% in 10th. Sherlock was the real culprit

(Hey mom, dad….u reading??

Okay I commit, I wasn’t always studying after latching my door. Sherlock holmes collection was
in the second drawer. )

2. Kite Runner - K Hossieni.
The novel which I enjoyed the most and I savoured it for like 3 weeks reading just a couple of chapters everyday and saving it for as long as I can.

3. Interpreter of Maladies - Jhumpa lahiri
I read this novel long time ago when I didnt have any understanding for complex feeling but still one of the story touched me so deep that its still one of my all time fav.

4. Freakonomics: Steven Levitt and Stephen J. Dubner.
A must read for the people interested in knowing the hidden side and some of the most beautiful practical application of economics.

5. State of Fear: Michahel Crichton
The novel which started my 2 year hunt for crichton’s novel and I am delighted that now only 1 in the list is remaining.

6. Angels and Demons: Dan brown
The only masterpiece of author, as I see.

7. Harry Potter Series: JK Rowling
I guess the list will be incomplete without the mention. Though I am not a very big fan.

8. PS I love you: Cecelia Ahern
A great novel describing all the aspects of life of a young widow.

9. PG Wodehouse collection
There is nothing better in the world than enjoying his novels.
I guess I will stop here since I am not able to recollect the name of anymore good books but I am sure the coming time will definitely fill this void of remaining 7 books.

Que: do Raj Comics also count. If then anything featuring super commando dhruv is the best.

Following the tradition I tag tangerine, Vikas, ashutosh, nikesh ,Abhishek and shruti

PS: And finally Er. Pratik gupta nameplate awaiting for me.

1 comments:

Divya Jay said...

cool thot... let me get to recollecting the first 15 books that i have read! :)