Tuesday, June 8, 2010

IIT Chapter - The Closure

I went to IIT today for some work at the bank. It’s not been long since my last trip but this time I felt a lot different. While I was driving back from the bank, I realized that there are no more people I can go to meet unannounced. There are no more faces that always bring smiles to my face. There are no reasons for me to come back here except for the fucking bank loan. All my friends have cleared IIT. I have never been fond of the institute but today was the first time I missed IIT. First time in the last 5 years.

I do have some familiar faces – Ashu, Harshi, The chosen pun, Shamshan and few really great juniors but I don’t think I will ever enjoy that much being in institute again. Since life@insti is so different without the group. I look back at my five years and I realize how fast life goes. How we all change, we all grow up. I remember Sajal as the guy from a small village Itarsi, who now he is doing his masters from UK. I remember Paplu as the guy from the suburbs of Mumbai , he scored 99.2 percentile in Cat 2009. I remember Ravi as the guy who was looking for Hindi speaking guys in the hostel, he is roaming around the world on company’s funds. I remember Anshul as the ratto-fying guy who was always fucked by life. Well I guess he is still the same. And about me, I am learning.

These were the bunch of people who made me realized that life is not as complex as we think. It’s just about doing whatever you want to under the constraints of circumstances and responsibilities. They told me that nothing lasts forever so they taught me a principle to live it up, drink it down and laugh it out. And I followed whatever they say because whenever I fell, they were there to pick me up

Today I feel like the IIT chapter has come to end. A chapter full of so many emotions. A chapter in which life took a giant leap.

8 comments:

Ashtung said...

Share the thoughts... N u put the transformations very aptly too...

The Flower Of English Grammar said...

Its 99.68 u doofus.....n by the way I hail from Mumbai n not suburbs of Mumbai!!! Another point is 'U shud have mentioned that u r from KOTA'... need I say more??? :P

Pratik Gupta said...

@Ashtung: I wanted to put yours too but IIT to IMT didnt fit in the way I wanted to put ;) ( No Pun Intended)
Note: I am there in Bangalore on wed night and then the coming weekend. Get yourself free.

@Flowerry Grammar : 99.68!! Thats impressive But i Heard you didn't get any call...Is it right??

Ashwin Wilson said...

At the moment, I'll just say 'thank you' to you! Maybe someday later I'll tell you why! :)

Pratik Gupta said...

@Ashwin: I want to know NOW NOW NOW!!!

Ashwin Wilson said...

Ha ha! Maybe I'll answer you by a post of my own!

Pratik Gupta said...

@Ashwin: Oh! i will wait. :)

The Holy Lama said...

And... what now IITian?